Sunday, May 20, 2012

Team Rehab: Bios

Since there is limited wi-fi access in Les Cayes where Team Rehab is staying, I thought I would give a little background info on a couple of the volunteers to hold you over until their next blog post. Sarah and Ali tell below why they wanted to be a part of Project Haiti...

Sarah Olsen, OT
"My name is Sarah Olsen, and I work as an occupational therapist on the Brain Injury Unit at Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital in Jacksonville, FL. I have wanted to be an occupational therapist since I was 8 years old, when my neighbor, an occupational therapist, introduced me to the field and showed her passion for her career. I am excited to be able to share my skills as a therapist in Haiti serving those individuals who have limited access to therapies as they continue to rebuild their lives from the earthquake. When the earthquake happened in Haiti in 2010, I had a friend who was visiting me whose entire family lived in Haiti. I remember feeling hopeless as he waited agonizing weeks to receive any word about his family members. I know that this mission trip will be an opportunity to serve others and grow in my skills as a therapist. I look forward to and feel blessed to be a part of this life-changing opportunity.
-Sarah





Ali D'Alessandro- PT
"My name is Alison D'Alessandro. I began working at Brooks in October 2011 after graduating from physical therapy school in August. As a new grad, it's been exciting to be a part of new experiences. I have always looked forward to having a chance to be part of a medical volunteer experience in another country. I am looking forward to this trip for its unique experiences and to make memories that will last a lifetime. I hope that we can make a positive difference in the lives of the people we will work with."
-Ali






Continue to keep Team Rehab in your thoughts and prayers as they begin the week ahead and travel to Bonne Fin to continue the work started at Hopital Lumiere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment