Thursday, March 13, 2014

Haiti: Round 2!

Well, it was a little unexpected, but a trip to Haiti fell into my lap and I couldn't say no! Everything worked out perfectly and I was able to take time off work quickly thanks to my awesome managers! This time I will be traveling with my alma mater Shenandoah University and am getting the opportunity to take on a new role as a clinical instructor to two PT students. I am super excited for this opportunity and can't wait to meet them both. I also get to see one of my favorite SU professors Dr. Karen Abraham who I can't wait to catch up with! I was left feeling a little unprepared for the trip as I wasn't involved in all the planning and organization of the trip. It felt great not to have all the responsibility and I was just able to enjoy the experience this time. I am looking forward to the new city Jacmel we will be working in. It too is on the south coast of Haiti, just like Les Cayes, but is a little farther east. And the best news of all, when we arrive in Port Au Prince... No 8 hour road trip with road blocks and demonstrations!! We are taking a smaller plane right into Jacmel. We will be working with the organization Community Coalition for Haiti and will be staying in their dorms. An Occupational Therapy professor from SU will also be there with three of her students. All of these students will be receiving fieldwork/internship credit for their time spent in the clinic. What a great program SU has provided for the students! So, I decided to keep blogging as I enjoy looking back and reminiscing on life changing moments (and it keeps my family from worrying too much). I would appreciate your prayers and thoughts over the next week on allowing us to impact the people of Jacmel in ways that are sustainable and life changing. Thanks friends!! Now, if only this layover was shorter... 

Morning sunrise on the flight from Jacksonville to Miami

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

  1. I know you will be having a positive impact on all you meet on this journey. Travel safe. Enjoy. Learn. And love!

    ReplyDelete