Sunday, March 4, 2012

Volunteer Spotlight: Megan Schneider

Team Renew


"I have been an occupational therapist for a year and a half and am currently employed on the Brain Injury Unit at Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital in Jacksonville, FL. I became interested in the field when I was ten years old when I broke my wrist in a sleigh riding accident. After exposure to the medical field and experiencing the care I received, I have been focused on helping others in the same fashion. Going to Haiti and having the opportunity to help those in need with the same level of compassion and expertise I have towards Americans is a rare occurrence. I look forward to being able to make a difference in the Haitian communities and educate medical personnel on up-to-date evidence based practice."

Megan will be traveling with Team Renew, June 1-10. If you would like to support Megan in helping her raise the funds to cover her travel expenses and necessary medical supplies, please follow this link to donate to her account: http://www.medicalteams.org/netcommunity/MeganSchneider

Thank you all for your support and dedication to making this trip a reality for each volunteer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment