Monday, April 16, 2012

Volunteer Spotlight: Callie Squires

Team Restore

My name is Callie Squires and I am currently an Occupational Therapist for the Brain Injury Program at Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital. I decided I wanted to pursue a career in Occupational Therapy after shadowing a family friend and seeing the difference she was able to make in the lives of others. Now I am able to wake up every day and go to a job I truly love. I feel so blessed to see miracles happen both big and small, and know that in some way, I played a part. After seeing the impact I am able to make with my patients here in Jacksonville, I began to think of ways that I could use my skills to help those who may not normally be able to receive rehabilitation services. I am looking forward to using my skills as an Occupational Therapist to provide skilled care to those in need through Project Haiti, to help make a difference in the lives of those affected by the devastating 2010 earthquake. Words can not fully express how thankful I am for the support and encouragement I have received since embarking on this journey, and I hope I am able to bring the same love, compassion and support to the people of Les Cayes, Haiti. 

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9
                                                               
-Callie

Thanks to the generous support of Callie's friends and family, her trip has been completely funded through her fundraising efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment