Thursday, April 5, 2012

Volunteer Spotlight: Hannah Foster

Team Restore



My name is Hannah Foster and I am a physical therapist at Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital. I graduated from physical therapy school at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC in May 2011. There is nothing that I love more than helping people, and I feel so blessed to be working in a field where I have the opportunity to help people every single day. I have always been very involved with volunteer work in the community, especially throughout college and PT school, and participating in a medical missions trip has always been both a personal and professional goal of mine.

The country of Haiti was devastated by an earthquake in 2010, and the people and communities are still in great need. They simply do not have the supplies or resources to recover from such a disaster on their own. I am thrilled to be a part of this endeavor to travel to Les Cayes, Haiti to provide rehabilitative services to those who need it the most. I will be leaving for Haiti on April 20th with Team Restore and returning on April 29th. This trip would not be possible without the love and support of my friends and family who have donated personally to my trip and the support of our co-workers at Brooks who have helped us fundraise. Thank you to everyone who has supported me and the entire Project Haiti team.

-Hannah

Thanks to the generous support of Hannah's family and friends, her trip has been paid in full through her fundraising efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment